Let’s take a look at this video. What does this say about the way that science is practiced? What should we keep in mind as we listen to what science is doing? What about the potential to go down the wrong road over a period of time?
Now read this article. Here are some questions to consider as you read through the article.
- Why do you think this article was so hard to publish?
- Have you heard any of the claim that 90 percent of the published medical information that doctors rely on is flawed? Is this a problem with science or with society?
- Think about the fact that so many medical claims are refuted in the context of the video that you saw, in what ways are they saying the same things, in what way are they saying different things?
- Have you ever thought of bias as problem in science? How do we normally perceive science?
- Are some of the problems listed in here unique to medical science?
Lastly take a look at this article. Do you feel that we do enough of teaching students (and anybody for that matter) to decipher bad science? Why or why not?