Happy New Year! Things were definitely slow in December so to being with let’s look at some fun facts. Here are some interesting stories from the ether, and they things that we often see, but do we really think about what we’re seeing? Are we really conscious of the details. As you read these stories think about the truth that lie behind them.
Please read the following (sometimes fun news stories):
- Oh Paris, what were you doing?
- Clint Eastwood – leaping tall buildings!
- When is 19 ever enough?
- Justin, so young, so exhausted!
- Pharma parties! Boy did I miss out!
Answer the following by creating a list for each of the stories:
- Identify which facts are likely true
- Identify which facts could be true, but there is reason to doubt
- Identify which facts are likely untrue – those doubted out of hand
Write about these in your blog and defend your choices. When you are done with everything find your own news story (whether video, print or other) and consider the answers to the questions here (if you want this could easily be split into two blog entries).
You might be very interested in watching this as well. Consider the following – are we really interested in the truth – or only what we want to know? Do we create our own bubble and take the knowledge that we find and fit it into what we already know for fear that it might really cause us to rethink what we are doing (think of our society’s approach to environmental issues for instance).